FATHERS OF TINY CHILDREN...?


As funny as it sound, I know you maybe wondering
my reason for that caption...

Hear This:
Some years ago when I was much younger, I
didn't really understand what valentine was all
about so I said I must find out.

One day, I decided to ask about the excitement of
14th feb popularly called Saint Valentine's day-the

only person I could ask was my uncle because I

was living with him at that time.

"Sit down my son, let me tell you the meaning of
Valentine and what feb. 14tn is all about". He said.

'Wow, so I am finally going to do away with my
curiosity'. I thought.

Little did I know that I was about entering the
greatest confusion of my life.

"VALENTINE means FATHERS OF TINY CHILDREN"
he said, "what young people celebrate that day is
immorality, defilement, and the kind of evil that
results in the young girls giving birth to tiny,
malnourished and rejected bastards, not only that,
they incur the wroth of God for themselves" he
explained.

At this juncture, I didn't know what to understand
again and many things ran through my mind.

"How can young people be happy indulging in
such an unpleasant and despicable evil, why can't
they be stopped, don't they have someone like my
uncle who can really explain things to them?"
these and more were some of my thoughts.

"Edy, (uncle called as I was swallowed in thoughts)
valentine is evil in all ramification, it is not meant
for people like you... "he explained.

"Promise me you'll not celebrate valentine's day
and you'll not ask any other person about this
issue" he asked.

Did I have a choice, what could a little boy in JSS2
do than to promise uncle to be a good boy - so I
promised...

Since that day, though I couldn't really understand
my uncle, I lived with the burden of that unsatisfied
answer uncle gave to me without trying to find out
from any source as I promised him.

Later in the years, feb. 14th was like ringing a
louder bell than before, younger people discussed
it and even talked about getting involved in it...

By this time, I was disposed to the internet so I
had to go search for its meaning myself only to
find out there was different version of stories
concerning Valentine and feb 14th but non was in
anyway related or even a resemblance of uncle's
definition/explanation.
-This calmed my nerves but I was still pondering
on uncle's explanations and his reasons.

Years later, after my secondary education, a young
girl of about 17yrs brought a male child to our
neighbour's house, abandoned him with a letter
addressed to our neighbour's son and off she
disappeared into the thick sky.

Part of the letter read, "THIS IS THE VALENTINE
GIFT YOU GAVE ME, TAKE HIM, I'M TIRED AND
CAN'T TAKE CARE OF HIM ANY MORE".

The neighbours came out to see things for
themselves and I followed (smiles).
# Guess_what_I_saw_a_very_tiny_m
alnourished_and_anaemic -child in a basket -
Edinyanga wept!

On my leaving the scene, I remembered something
uncle told me # father_of_tiny_children .

That was when I understood my uncle's
explanation about VALENTINE.

Dear Reader,
Lets stop and think!
Valentine is said to be a day to celebrate love, I
dare to ask, must love celebration have a date
designate?

I thought showing love was suppose to be an
everyday event... If that is it, then, why 14th feb?

Think about this; Valentine is said to be for
lovers... Please help a brother!
What category of lovers?
Married?
Engaged or mere boyfriends and girlfriends who
doesnt have or even see any future together?

What is the nature of love practised on valentine?
Does it have any moral justification or is it all
about immorality in the name of enjoyment?

Ask yourself:
Is God in support of what I will do that day?
What will be your fate should the unexpected
happen-will he father the responsibility?

Will you not become another father/mother of a
tiny child?

Young girl, how about your future, are prepared to
bastardise, mortgage and destroy your future
because of chocolates?

My brother/sister,
Showing love to everyone is good but it is best if
done everyday.

Beautiful sister, defiling yourself cheaply with
som

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SECURITY ADVICE FOR YOU...

10 CHOICES YOU'LL SURLY REGRET IN FUTURE...